Major Comeback

I actually forgot to post this last Monday, April 03...Sorry!

After a long hiatus (a week) due to flu…Thank Goodness I’m back! Although I’m still not quite well…my voice is still gone…but no need to talk right. A major update is needed here. I don’t know how to start, but why don’t I try during the weekend before last week.

So I actually threw a wonderful baby shower for my sister. I had to pick-up so much stuff that day. Goodies for the party, balloons…etc. People at the mall were actually staring when my sister-in-law and I picked up the balloons. They thought that we’re having this huge shindig. Just imagine me trying to maneuver these bunches of balloons and trying to fit them all in one car. The party was a success though, my sister was totally surprised!

I got sick that night… it’s not the food or anything, but I think it’s just the sudden change in weather. It completely hit me like a ton of bricks…I had a fever, headache, and I start vomiting like there’s no tomorrow. I thought I was going to be hospitalized. I spent the entire Sunday bed ridden. I thought I was going to loose my mind. Thank God I have those entertainment magazines to keep me sane.

I missed a whole week of work…sort of…I went to work Thursday, but just my luck I don’t have a voice. I thought I was all better Wednesday, the main reason I decided to work the next day. I completely lost my voice Wednesday night and I did contemplate on whether or not I should really work Thursday, but guilt got me so I did. BIG MISTAKE!!! Thursday night…after coming home from work…MR. FLU came back! I was sick again and had to take drastic measures. I went to the doctor and he prescribes antibiotics. I was feeling much better when weekend hits the calendar. Although I had to miss out on Tita Dolly’s surprised birthday party.

So here I am…all better…actually I shouldn’t say all better because I still don’t have my voice back. Right now I have this sign in my office that states “I REFUSE TO TALK TODAY TO COMPLETELY RECOVER MY VOICE!” One of my officemates even suggested I should get one of those etch-a-sketches so I don’t have to strain my voice so much. I have my doctor’s appointment again today and I know he’s going to say take some rest. But I can’t take anymore rest…I have work to do and reports due again. Take care and godbless!

Comments