Musing My Purpose
For the past few days, I found some alone time just to think and meditate. When I think, questions just pop out of my head like mushrooms. Some very complex and some very straightforward. Let me just share a few of my uncertainties.
Have you ever ask yourself questions such as; what your purpose in life is? What will be the outcome of your life? When I was in my early childhood, I always imagine myself becoming a teacher or a doctor. I would have a profession that would make an enormous difference in the world. An individual who would touch the lives of others and have that wonderful feeling at the end of each day... contentment, happiness and fulfillment.
Although my life did not turn out the way I imagined, I am still grateful for what I have now. I have my family and friends who gives me unconditional love and support. I have a job that at times I feel so unappreciated for all the hard work I do; and yet at the end of the day, I feel the satisfaction that I made a difference somehow. I still dream of making a huge impact in the world, like joining the peace corp or traveling to unprivileged places to lend a helping hand. I believe that we are in charge of our own destiny. We make our own paths in life. It may lead us to some bumpy roads but we always try to overcome them.
Whoever said that "life is though" is wrong. Life is not though... we live life everyday. The only time it gets hard is because we make it hard for ourselves. We are in control of our lives; each individual is in control of his/her life. I did not blame anyone when my life hits a rough patch because I choose to make decisions for myself that lead me to those rough patches. Every life is not the same. We all go through the difficult times in life but we he have to overcome them.
Someone had asked me before; If given a chance, would you change anything in your life? My response to that is NO. I'm very at ease on how my life turns out to be, where I am and the status of my life. My decisions in life; good or bad; shaped me into what I am now. I know in my heart that in due time I will be able to fulfill my purpose in life. I am already half way there.
Have you ever ask yourself questions such as; what your purpose in life is? What will be the outcome of your life? When I was in my early childhood, I always imagine myself becoming a teacher or a doctor. I would have a profession that would make an enormous difference in the world. An individual who would touch the lives of others and have that wonderful feeling at the end of each day... contentment, happiness and fulfillment.
Although my life did not turn out the way I imagined, I am still grateful for what I have now. I have my family and friends who gives me unconditional love and support. I have a job that at times I feel so unappreciated for all the hard work I do; and yet at the end of the day, I feel the satisfaction that I made a difference somehow. I still dream of making a huge impact in the world, like joining the peace corp or traveling to unprivileged places to lend a helping hand. I believe that we are in charge of our own destiny. We make our own paths in life. It may lead us to some bumpy roads but we always try to overcome them.
Whoever said that "life is though" is wrong. Life is not though... we live life everyday. The only time it gets hard is because we make it hard for ourselves. We are in control of our lives; each individual is in control of his/her life. I did not blame anyone when my life hits a rough patch because I choose to make decisions for myself that lead me to those rough patches. Every life is not the same. We all go through the difficult times in life but we he have to overcome them.
Someone had asked me before; If given a chance, would you change anything in your life? My response to that is NO. I'm very at ease on how my life turns out to be, where I am and the status of my life. My decisions in life; good or bad; shaped me into what I am now. I know in my heart that in due time I will be able to fulfill my purpose in life. I am already half way there.
Comments