Pregnancy Phase

So here it is, my first and last update regarding my pregnancy. Technically this is my second update because I posted a short and brief one last November. I have kindly spared you the gory details of my pregnancy for almost five whole months. And believe me when I say that it wasn't pretty. My first trimester was hell. For the first three months of my pregnancy, I've experienced something that I have never experienced in my life. I suffered 13 weeks of incessant gut-churning, face-contorting, alcohol poisoning type vomiting. I honestly thought I would have never survived it. I was a bit worried at first because I have dropped so much weight. But my doctor assured me that for some women; losing weight is quite normal. My nausea lasted 13 weeks as well, exactly as long as my doctor said it would.

My first ultrasound appointment was done in January. I always thought that ultrasound usually only take about an hour or two, but mine went for half a day. It was physically and emotionally draining, but at least the end result was fulfilling. The pictures they provided were not very good quality as the baby keeps moving around and the sonographer was unable to snap a decent one.

(This is actually a picture of my baby's face.)


(This is just an overview of the ultrasound report.)


On the brighter side of things, my second trimester was the best. And for the most part, I feel just fine. However, it does take me a little longer than usual to become vertical in the morning. There is no jumping out of bed and rushing straight to the shower anymore. I need to actually phase myself now... sit, drink some water, and eat a bowl of fibre cereal before I do anything else. And now that I'm gearing towards my third, it's turning into the most challenging phase of my pregnancy. There are the occasional sleepless nights, back pain, multiple visits to the bathroom at night, power kicks on my ribcage and bladder and the non-stop movement of the baby inside of me. I also found out that the most comfortable position to sleep at night is at my right side. For some odd reason, sleeping on my left makes the baby very uncomfortable hence the power kicks.

This whole feeling of pregnancy and motherhood is still lingering in my head. Its still feels like a dark cloud hovering over my head ready to drop the most amazing biggest raindrops you have ever seen. Either I’m still in denial or the reality of it all still has not sunk in yet. It is totally does not feel real... I guess reality will finally set in when I see that little baby in my arms. A year ago today, I was so excited planning a trip and having a child is not a bit close to one of my desires. Right now, I have a phenomenal little girl inside of me and wonderful people that surrounds me and anxiously waiting for this little girl’s arrival in the world. It's truly amazing how much your life can change in a relatively short amount of time.

Comments