Summer is Over...School Starts
So much had happen since my last personal post… I think that was before my cousin’s wedding. Honestly…this has been the busiest summer I’ve ever had in my entire life. There was a party every weekend even before summer hits the calendar. It nearly killed my bank account with all the presents and other expenses involved on every party.
Major updates are as follows…
August 12….my cousin’s wedding. It was very intimate, small and emotional. There were also a few laughs caused by the emcee (my cousin Eugene) but I think that was necessary. I think everybody had fun and by 11 o’clock I had to bail out hence the reason why I missed my cousin Eugene’s performance of Brown Eyed Girl. The next day, close family friends were invited for brunch and gift opening at the groom’s parents place. After brunch we all went to my sisters’ place to play poker and mahjong. I had to scramble around to feed at least 30 people that night, but at least they had a great time.
August 19….the usual group of people were invited at Tita Ruth’s house to celebrate Tita Baby’s birthday. Another fun filled night of course!
August 20….Jackson’s christening. I was not able to go to the church because Mylene had asked be before hand to decorate the reception venue because they only had limited time. The food was great and there were about 120 people that came.
August 26….the usual group of people again gathered for picnic and blueberry picking at New Minas. This has been a tradition for us…we’re always looking forward to these events every summer. Everybody had fun because we did various activities that we don’t usually do. I got to play “patintero” and “tumbang preso” again. These are the ultimate favorite games when I was still in the Philippines. I had to explain how to play it to the other kids that grew up here so they’re able to play with us. To sum things up…all of us had a wonderful time. It was an exhausting day but it was all worth it.
September 02…the “group” gathered at Tito Bebot’s house to talk about the upcoming Christmas Party that we’re organizing. There were disagreements but it ended with a few positive results. This is also the weekend that I was supposed to go to PEI for the Black Eyed Peas Concert, but due to having other important personal matters…I had to cancel it the last minute.
So there you have it…an eventful summer with so much update bonanza from yours truly. Kids go back to school and people start hibernating because cold weather is coming in soon. One thing for sure…I’m looking forward to the next coming months. There’s Zach’s birthday, Chaela’s christening, apple picking, my birthday, thanksgiving, and the ultimate “group” Christmas party.
I don’t thinks there’s another party planned in the weeks of September but you never know. You see…in our “group”, if there’s nothing to do…the only way to pass up the time is to call up some members of the group and have a get together at someone’s house. I don’t think I’ll be able to post anything next week, I will be flying to Ottawa next week for work related training with my co-workers Jody and Rodney and I’ll be back before the weekend.
So until the next post…take care and godbless!
Major updates are as follows…
August 12….my cousin’s wedding. It was very intimate, small and emotional. There were also a few laughs caused by the emcee (my cousin Eugene) but I think that was necessary. I think everybody had fun and by 11 o’clock I had to bail out hence the reason why I missed my cousin Eugene’s performance of Brown Eyed Girl. The next day, close family friends were invited for brunch and gift opening at the groom’s parents place. After brunch we all went to my sisters’ place to play poker and mahjong. I had to scramble around to feed at least 30 people that night, but at least they had a great time.
August 19….the usual group of people were invited at Tita Ruth’s house to celebrate Tita Baby’s birthday. Another fun filled night of course!
August 20….Jackson’s christening. I was not able to go to the church because Mylene had asked be before hand to decorate the reception venue because they only had limited time. The food was great and there were about 120 people that came.
August 26….the usual group of people again gathered for picnic and blueberry picking at New Minas. This has been a tradition for us…we’re always looking forward to these events every summer. Everybody had fun because we did various activities that we don’t usually do. I got to play “patintero” and “tumbang preso” again. These are the ultimate favorite games when I was still in the Philippines. I had to explain how to play it to the other kids that grew up here so they’re able to play with us. To sum things up…all of us had a wonderful time. It was an exhausting day but it was all worth it.
September 02…the “group” gathered at Tito Bebot’s house to talk about the upcoming Christmas Party that we’re organizing. There were disagreements but it ended with a few positive results. This is also the weekend that I was supposed to go to PEI for the Black Eyed Peas Concert, but due to having other important personal matters…I had to cancel it the last minute.
So there you have it…an eventful summer with so much update bonanza from yours truly. Kids go back to school and people start hibernating because cold weather is coming in soon. One thing for sure…I’m looking forward to the next coming months. There’s Zach’s birthday, Chaela’s christening, apple picking, my birthday, thanksgiving, and the ultimate “group” Christmas party.
I don’t thinks there’s another party planned in the weeks of September but you never know. You see…in our “group”, if there’s nothing to do…the only way to pass up the time is to call up some members of the group and have a get together at someone’s house. I don’t think I’ll be able to post anything next week, I will be flying to Ottawa next week for work related training with my co-workers Jody and Rodney and I’ll be back before the weekend.
So until the next post…take care and godbless!
Comments